The Greatest showed that once a champion, despite Parkinson’s disease, was always a champion who inspired others.
Legendary boxer Muhammad Ali, simply ‘The Greatest’ was an inspirational figure to many regardless of ones politics and even with a long battle with Parkinson’s disease and his passing on June 3, 2016 from “septic shock due to unspecified natural causes,” according to his family spokesperson in Phoenix Arizona, he always comforted and inspired others with hope, including children with cancer.
(Via New Zealand Herald)
Some of his most profound inspirational quotes include:
1. “Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they’ve been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It’s an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It’s a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.”
2. “The service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth.”
3. “The man who has no imagination has no wings.”
4. “Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It’s not something you learn in school. But if you haven’t learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven’t learned anything.”
5. “He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life”
6. “If my mind can conceive it, and my heart can believe it – then I can achieve it.”
7. “A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.”
8. “Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you’re going to be right.”
Watch this inspirational video of Muhammad Ali lighting the 1996 Olympic torch in Atlanta.
(Via Steve Lamb/YouTube)
RIP Muhammad Ali. Even when Parkinson’s disease robbed him of most of his physical abilities, he still had the strength to be in events like the lighting of the 1996 Olympic torch that touched people all over the world.
Go live your life as a champion, and don’t let any disease condition dampen your spirit. You can fight like the ‘The Greatest of All Time’ and keep winning.