Health insurance covers medical expenses for illnesses, injuries and conditions. But, unlike a plan through an employer, individual health insurance is something you select and pay for on your own. So, what’s health insurance for and why do you need it?
- Because accidents or health problems can happen at any time
- Medical expenses can be high—they’re the number one cause of bankruptcy
- To gain access to a network of doctors and hospitals that have negotiated lower rates with insurance companies
- To pay and keep track of medical payments quickly and easily
- To safeguard your way of life and your family’s physical and financial wellbeing