73-year old singing icon Tina Turner (Anna Mae Bullock) married her boyfriend, 57-year old music producer Erwin Bach in Zurich Switzerland after 27 years together.
Tina Turner, the “Proud Mary” singer, had a civil ceremony “a few days ago,” and plan on celebrating their nuptials with a Buddhist ceremony at her lakefront mansion on the banks of Lake Zurich.
This is the second marriage for the Tina, who was previously wed to musician Ike Turner from 1962 to 1976. During their turbulent union, Ike, who died from a cocaine overdose in 2007, often physically abused the “River Deep, Mountain High” singer. Tina chronicled their volitive romance in her 1986 memoir, I, Tina.
Despite the 16 years age difference, the pair have enjoyed a blissfully happy romance, something she referred to during a 2006 interview with talk show host Oprah Winfrey, in which she shot down any notion of marriage.
In her 2006 interview with Oprah, Tina Turner said: “People often ask me why don’t I marry? I have love. I have a good life. I don’t need to interfere with that. For some people, marriage means “You’re mine now.” That can be the beginning of the failure of a relationship.”
- Tina Turner Plastic Surgery: Still Looking Good at 72
- Alec Baldwin Marries Fiancee Hilaria Thomas in NYC Wedding
- Chad Ochocinco Wedding: Marries Basketball Wives Evelyn Lozada
- Wynonna Judd Marries Cactus Moser: Had Private Wedding in Tennessee
- Natalie Portman Wedding: Marries Benjamin Millepied