36-year old actress Kerry Washington, the ABC drama “Scandal,” star who plays Olivia Pope, a former crisis management expert to the President, secretly married her boyfriend, 31-year old San Francisco 49ers cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha, on June 24 in Blaine County, Idaho.
Kerry Washington and NFL star Nnamdi Asomugha, who played for the Philadelphia Eagles the past few seasons, had been quietly dating for about a year.
According to ABC News, a marriage license was issued for the couple at 9:16 a.m. on June 24. The actress’s parents Earl and Valerie Washington signed the document as witnesses to the nuptials while Chisaraokwu Asomugha was listed as the minister.
Previously, Kerry Washington had been engaged to actor David Moscow for three years until the actress broke it off in 2007, and she recently made headlines appearing on the cover of the August edition of Vanity Fair, the first black woman to do so since Beyonce in 2005.
Nnamdi Asomugha is a three-time Pro Bowler, who previously played for the Oakland Raiders and the Philadelphia Eagles before signing with the 49ers earlier this year.
- Kate Hudson Married: Had Secret Wedding with Matthew Bellamy?
- HIV/AIDS Rate Increase in Washington D.C.
- Antoinette Nikprelaj: Phillies John Mayberry Wants Married Mermaid
- I-1000 Physician Assisted Suicide in Washington Passes
- James Bond Star Daniel Craig Marries Rachel Weisz in a Secret Wedding