39-year old Spanish actress Penelope Cruz has been tapped to be the next Bond girl according to many reports.
The “Vicky Cristina Barcelona” actress will star opposite Daniel Craig in the follow-up to “Skyfall.” The film does not yet have a title but will be the 24th official James Bond film.
Penelope Cruz has surpassed Honor Blackman to become the oldest Bond girl yet, she turns 40 this year. Blackman played the infamous Pussy Galore in 1962′s Goldfinger, when she was 39.
The shoot will put pressure on the pregnant Penelope to drop the baby weight right after she gives birth, but producers are sure Cruz will be as svelte as ever on the set.
The Daily Mail reported that the Oscar-winning actress is expecting her second child with husband Javier Bardem “any day.”
“Bond girls are always brainy as well as sexy, and that’s totally Penelope,” a source said.
It’s that combination that attracted Bardem, who played the villain in the last Bond film. No word yet on whether the two will have a connection in the next film.
- Bérénice Marlohe is New Bond Girl: To Play Severin in Skyfall 2012
- Penelope Cruz Plastic Surgery Nose Job & Hollywood Walk of Fame
- Kourtney Kardashian Baby Girl Penelope Disick Photos Revealed
- Polydactyly and Bond Girl Gemma Arterton
- Hilary Duff Baby Luca Cruz Comrie Photos