20-year old Sports Illustrated swimsuit model Kate Upton was named hottest supermodel on earth by Vogue magazine, and she graced the June issue of the magazine for the first time, wearing a floral-printed bathing suit and tousled wavy blonde hair.
In an interview with with Vogue, Kate Upton indicated that modeling hasn’t been as easy because of the tough competition and the fact that she is a bit curvier than most models, and some critics have referred to her as too fat to be a model.
Regarding being called fat, Kate Upton said: “It was hard at first. You sit there and you’re like ‘Is something wrong with me? The things that they’re rejecting are things that I can’t change. I can’t change my bra size. They’re natural! I can work out and I can stay healthy and motivated, but I can’t change some things.”
Kate Upton further added: “I really just live my life. I love my body. It’s what God gave me! I feel confident with myself, and if that inspires other women to feel confident with their bodies, great. It’s kind of funny to think, ‘Oh, wow, the news is talking about whether I’m fat or not.’”
- Kate Upton Sports Illustrated 2013 Cover and Photos
- Kate Upton Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue: SI Cover 2012
- Kate Upton GQ Shoot: Does Cover & Photoshoot in Bikini
- Kate Upton Called Fat “Piggie” by Skinny Gossip Blogger
- Kate Upton Plastic Surgery & Is She Dating NY Jets Mark Sanchez?