78-year old Cissy Houston, mother of late pop superstar Whitney Houston and a Grammy Award winning soul and gospel singer herself, clearly is devastated over her beloved daughter Whitney Houston’s death on Saturday February, 11, 2012 at only 48 years old.
Cissy Houston said: “We are devastated by the loss of our beloved Whitney. This is an unimaginable tragedy and we will miss her terribly. We appreciate the outpouring of love and support from her fans and friends.”
According to CNN, Whitney Houston’s funeral service will be held Saturday at her childhood New Jersey church. The service is set for noon at New Hope Baptist Church in Newark, according to Carolyn Whigham of Whigham Funeral Home.
The private ceremony is open to invited guests only, and reporters will remain outside.
Houston’s body arrived late Monday at the funeral home, borne by a hearse and escorted by police after arriving at Teterboro Airport. A large crowd was gathered at the funeral home.
- Whitney Houston Death: Cause Still Unknown
- Ray J and Whitney Houston Dating: Were They in a Relationship?
- Whitney Houston Has Died at 48
- Whitney Houston Cause of Death: Prescription Overdose or Drowning
- Whitney Houston Sparkle Movie Set for Release by Sony in August