For the religious wedding ceremony on Saturday, Princess Charlene wore a wedding dress gown from her longtime favorite designer Giorgio Armani.
According to CBS News, “The ‘petites mains’ or seamstresses of his haute couture atelier put more than 2,500 hours of work into the dress, a strong-lined, made-to-measure concoction of more than 140 yards of different silks, 40,000 Swarovski crystals and 20,000 mother of pearl beads.”
Princess Charlene’s wedding gown six-yard-long train dwarfed the demure little train of Kate Middleton’s wedding dress at Britain’s Prince William and Kate Middleton’s wedding in April. However, it proved difficult to negotiate and at one point, Charlene got stuck and Prince Albert had to tug at the long silk flourish to free her.
The bride had her hair in a bun and she walked down the aisle followed by seven bridesmaids.
- Prince Albert of Monaco Royal Wedding to Charlene Wittstock
- Princess Beatrice Hat by Philip Treacy Sold on Ebay for $131K
- Pippa Middleton Evening Dress at Royal Wedding Reception
- Kate Middleton Evening Wedding Dress Also By Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen
- Kate Middleton Wedding Dress Designer Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen